A basket is a simple container which is usually made of strong stiff fibres and is made of a large variety of materials, such as wood, twine, bamboo, and sometimes steel or wicker. While most baskets made today are made entirely of synthetic plant material, other materials like plastic, metal, or horsehair can be also used. Baskets tend to be woven on hand. A basket’s size can vary greatly, it can even be constructed so the container is smaller than an apple! There are many different types of baskets:
* A Nursery basket is used to store all kinds of plants and gardening tools. The basket can have a number of compartments and shelves to keep the tools and supplies within arm’s reach. The basket can be lined with sisal, fleece, or any other material, to ensure that the contents are protected from pests and insects. The Nursery basket can have dividers to make it easier to store the small gardening tools. This design is great for young children, who will be safe using the Nursery basket as they grow older.
* A Garden Gift basket can have a variety of themes, to include a basket for each season, a basket for every event, and a basket for every hobby and interest. The design of the garden gift basket should reflect the recipient’s interests. For instance, a basket designed for a little girl will probably not be the same design as a basket designed for a couple. This is why it is important to choose a design that fits the intended recipients needs, preferences, as well as tastes.
* Nursery baskets do not have to be boring! You can decorate them any way you like; however, the more modern designs tend to use an eclectic mixture of colour. Shades of red and yellow will often feature prominently. Bright, vibrant colours are often used for Nursery baskets, as they help to catch the eye of anyone entering the basket. However, there are no rules against including more solid colours, such as cream.
* It is sometimes possible to use recycled material in creating a Nursery basket. If the design ideas used in making the Nursery basket are similar to those used in making other baskets, then this could save money. Plastic is one material that can often be reused. If a basket has a lid and an outside handle, for example, it can then be made out of this material, thus saving money even more.
* Gift baskets can be decorated for the purpose of gifting. Personal touches can often make all the difference. Nursery baskets can have handles that match the basket, can have colourful bows inserted into them, can contain items that look similar to those found in a baby nursery, and so on. Items that are similar to toys are always a good choice when making a gift basket. This way, the baby’s gift basket will be doubly appropriate and useful.